In order to develop .NET applications with Visual Studio in an IIS 7 environment you need to complete several steps.
- Install IIS 7 on the Web Server, then the Development pc
- Add the .NET and ASP role services on the Web Server and Development pc
- Add the IIS 6.0 Metabase Compatability on the Web Server and Development pc
- Install Visual Studio on the Web Server and Development pc
- Install the Visual Studio debugger on the Web Server and Development pc
Sounds easy, doesn’t it? This document will help.
Download VMware Workstation. Then start testing and development like you never have.
Every once in a while it’s a good idea to review your website. Here are 50 Critical Questions to ask About Your Website. Now, where are those RSS Feeds?
Have you tested your website for use on mobile phones? Well, you should. Find a good, simple phone emulator, like The Mobile Phone Emulator, then check out your site on different mobile devices. If your site has mobile settings you can test those as well.
… before jumping to conclusions. Google begins barring browser plug-ins from Chrome. This should turn out to be a good thing.